The concept of responsive web designing is storming the world of web designing and web development. The concept has many dimensions, but the point is to understand the basics before digging the details. What is meant by responsive web designing? Do you need that? What challenges are to be faced? What are the benefits of making a responsive web design? When it’s needed to create a responsive website? This piece of writing will give you answers of these questions, so read carefully to clear your concepts.
Responsive Web Designing: Understanding The Concept
Responsive web designing is basically a front-end web development approach that makes the websites easy to navigate, easy to resize, and easy to scroll as per screen size of the device used by the user. RWD, as it is commonly known, makes a single website suitable for all device types, by resizing the content as per need.
Is There Any Need To Make Your Website Responsive?
The consumer behaviour is changing across the globe. With a decrease in the PC sales and an increase in the tablets and Smartphones, the trend of creating responsive websites is on rise. The reason is simple, the screen sizes of the devices are smaller and changed, affecting the web experience of the users.
How to decide that you need a responsive web design or not? Do some research online. Use Google Analytics to know how much traffic your website is receiving from mobile devices. If the mobile audience is more than 5%, start thinking about responsive web designing.
Another reason is investing over the latest trend of using smart devices for connectivity instead of desktops.
What Are The Challenges Of RWD?
Just like a baby, responsive web designing is also facing some serious teething problems. It’s important to know these challenges before you start working using this approach.
• For advertisers, it would be a challenge to put Ads on the responsive websites where they want the most.
• The information structure should have proper hierarchy and can become a serious challenge for the web masters.
• The load time of the website is another serious issue that web designers have to think while creating websites responsively.
• Before going towards responsive websites, it’s needed to tell the target audience why such website is being created. It would add up to the total website building cost.
• The website support wouldn’t be consistent for multiple devices.
Benefits Of Responsive Web Designing
The major benefit of responsive web designing is having a single site catering to all devices. For the maintenance purpose, this is great because it will cause low cost compared to having different versions of the same website.
Non-duplication of the content is another great benefit of responsively designed websites.
Link building for all devices is another benefit that responsive website provides. You don’t have to put efforts for different website versions, but a single one.
When To Go For RWD?
After knowing the need and benefits of responsive web designing, the next point is to understand when it becomes crucial to design websites responsively.
• The first thing is affordability. If you can afford a responsive website building, then go for that. It would be a bit expensive venture than creating a simple website, but a better approach than developing different website versions for the same business.
• If your target audience is using smart devices frequently to access your website, then responsive web designing is the best option.
• To keep your brand consistent digitally, across multiple platforms, RWD offers great help.
• If you want to stay abreast with the latest technology, then go for RWD approach.
Although, responsive web designing is the best approach for web designer, SEOs, and end users, but still there are cases when separate versions of a website are beneficial. While hiring experts for responsive web designing think about expert web design agencies in Dundee city, you will reach the best hands for designing, coding, and SEO.